I like this action step.
Because who cannot watch a movie?
Sicko is the movie.
I didn’t want to watch it at first. Because I thought I was going to get so upset about the movie.
That it wasn’t going to focus on the real problem with our health care system. The problem being treating symptoms and disease.
That is the problem.
The solution is prevention. People taking responsibility for their own health. Realizing that sickness is NOT like the lottery. Some just get it. Sickness and disease is a direct result of the choices you make in life.
The choices of what you think, what you feel, what you eat, the activities you do, what you put into your body, what you put into your mind. That is what the cause of sickness is.
My Critic on the movie:
There is an undertone of it is not people’s faults they got sick. This part I don’t like. Because it is not the governments job to make sure you are healthy. It is your job.
Now, getting past that, there are a lot of great points that Michael Moore Makes that are not even related to the healthcare system.
Especially in the bonus Footage. You have to watch all the bonus footage. Not sure why that didn’t make it into the movie.
- If you treat prisoners like humans, they are much more likely to be rehabilitated as a human, instead of a criminal or less than human.
- We are the only western country that does not provide health care for all of it’s people.
- Having a for profit health care system goes against the very grain of providing people with quality health care
- The other western countries with socialized medicine have a great health care system. People are not badly cared for. Doctors are not forced to work for nothing or in places they don’t want.
- Prevention is key. You can spend literally 1/40 th on health care per person, and yet have people living longer and being healthier. You can spend 1/20 th per person, have some bad habits like the French, and still live longer healthier lives.
- Letting other people live their lives, in the ways they want. Not judging how they should or shouldn’t live their lives.
The biggest point of the movie that I liked?
When people are in fear, you can easily control them.
When you have a ton of debt, from school, from a house, from everything else, those people are often in fear of not being able to pay their bills. And so they stay in line, they don’t act out, and the definitely do not cause waves.
The list goes on. I am watching it again. Looking past the “I am a victim of my health” attitude, for everything else it has to offer.