I have told people many times, find your purpose in life, what is important to you, and making choices about what to do next is really easy. So how do you do that?
Take time to consider your answers to these questions
* Am I missing anything in my life right now that's important to me?
* What am I passionate about?
* Who am I?
* What do I value?
* What do I want to be doing in ten years? In twenty?
* What gifts has God given me that have been perfected over time?
* What gifts has He given me that I am unable to use?
* What would I be willing to die for?
* What is it about my job that makes me feel trapped?
* What realistic changes can I make in my employment?
* Would I be willing to take a lower-paying, less-stressful job in order to be happier and closer to my true self?
* What steps do I have to take to make sure the rest of my life is better than the first part?
You might consider writing your answers in a notebook. Just open your mind and heart and let the answers spill on to the page. Forget about grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Just write, write, and write and you will be amazed at how much you learn about yourself.
Set aside 10 minutes a day for the next 7 days and think about your answers to the questions I listed above. And begin to write down your answers.